The graphics on Whospunit? are nothing short of breath-taking. Forget the reel symbols here, the backgrounds and the animations that take you through the different stages of the game are simply outstanding. This is a master-class in slot design with the central characters and imagery still retaining the cartoon appeal that’s characteristic of the casino trade, whilst still managing to amp up the detail and splendour a few notches above what’s being offered by the competition. If you want a game that’s dressed to impress then you’d be hard pushed to find better than this Betsoft machine.
Soundwise the audio is the perfect accompaniment to the visuals on offer from Whospunit? there are lots of little clever voice clips that are reeled out every time the characters talk to one another and no matter how many times you play this game they never seem to grow old – possibly because they lead into some of the biggest wins and spins on offer from this title. On top of this the music is atmospheric and electrifying – giving you the feeling you’re a real detective trying to pry open the minds and mouths of some stuffy nosed suspects in a huge country mansion. Well played Betsoft.
After any winning spin on the reels of Whospunit? you have the option to double up. Hit this button next to the spin icon and you’ll be taken to a second screen where the owner of the mansion in the game, Mr Wellington, flips a coin. You get to choose between heads and tales. If you can guess the right side then you’ll double your money. After any successful bet you have the chance to collect your winnings or risk it all again on the flip of a coin.
Stop in one of the five main characters on each of the game’s reels and you’ll be taken to the Whospunit? free spin round. Here you get to choose one of the characters to give you extra features during this bonus round. The top prize available from any of these games is 300, 250 credits – well worth a slice of your time.
They are as follows:
– Miss Ellie – This rather rotund maid gives you twenty free spins on the reels instead of the standard ten.
– Dr Van Austren– This aging scientist gives you ten free spins on the reels with random wild symbols added into every single spin.
– Mr Wellington – With the game’s main character, Mr Wellington, you’d paid out for winning combinations running both ways on the grid for ten free spins.
– Miss Chatham – The seductive Miss Chatham gives you a four times boost to all your wins for the duration of ten free spins.
– Covington – The butler of the house, Covington, adds a single random wild reel into the grid for each and every one of the ten free spins you receive in this bonus.
During your spins on Whospunit? you can collect special clue icons off the reels, which are stored in the bottom left corner of the game display. These not only pay out a prize, but can also be used in the special clue game that’s triggered every time a five minute counter reaches zero. If you hit the free spin round then the counter pauses for the duration of your spins and you cannot hit clue icons during this feature.
When the clue spins round triggers you’re taken to a special second set of reels dependent on your current level.
– First Level : Locations – Here you collect stars from the special location symbols on the reels. When you have five stars on any one location this is identified as the place the murder happened and you progress on to level 2.
– Second level: Weapons – During these spins you collect stars from special murder weapon icons on the reels. When you have five stars on any single weapon this is identified as the tool of the murderer and you progress to level 3.
– Third level: Suspects – These spins give you the chance to collect stars to find out the final piece of the Whospunit? mystery. When you’ve found out the identity of the murderer it’s on to the finale showpiece.
When you have collected all the evidence three special evidence scatters are added to the reels – hit these to activate the Whospunit? final second screen bonus round. This takes place in the sitting room of the mansion where you have a chance to interrogate all the suspects and win cash prizes for good lines of questioning. Find the murderer for extra bonus points and all will be well with the world… Until you spin the reels of Whospunit? and the whole grisly tale starts up once again.