About Tower Quest
The tower in question looms against a stormy sky behind our reelcase. An evil Wizard lurks inside. Between our two heroes – a flame-haired elvish Maiden and her Warrior compatriot – we must fight our way past a Dragon, Skeleton King and an Orc, all of which make up our high-paying game symbols. Our lower-paying jacks through Aces keep our wins ticking over without us writing any stories about it. Stacked Tower Wilds help us to complete wins when they land anywhere across the reels and help to form winning combos from the symbols around them.
Two glass cylinders sit on either side of our reels, atop of which sit two stone dragons. The dragon on the left has glowing blue eyes, while the right-side dragon’s eyes glare red. When we collect either Red Potion or Blue Potion Scatters, the vials open to release red or blue potions to fill up their respective symbols. We need to fill up each cylinder to at least a third – 10 Red Potion Scatters or five Blue Potions – before we can activate either of the bonuses. But we don’t have to activate them then. We can opt to carry on, waiting for 20 Red/10 Blue or even 30 Red/15 Blue. The bonus feature breakdown runs like this:
- 5 Blue Potions – The Tower – 1 free spin with Wild centre reel.
- 10 Blue Potions – Battle of the Wilds – 1 free spin with high symbols Wild.
- 15 Blue Potions – Towers of Dark Power – 1 free spin with reels 1, 3 and 5 Wild
- 10 Red Potions – Empowered Wilds – x3 Wild Win multiplier for 5 free spins.
- 20 Red Potions – Wild Adventurers – Maiden and Warrior Wild for 5 free spins.
- 30 Red Potions – Everburning Wilds – a Sticky Wild is added to the reels with each new spin.
And then comes the bonus feature. Three Wizard Scatters on reels 1, 3 and 5 launches the feature. We pick either the Warrior or Maiden to fight the Wizard, then undergo a series of card-based rounds in which we aim to defeat the Wizards cards with our own. We earn coin wins for each card we defeat – there are three cards per round – and should we defeat the Wizard himself we will emerge not only victorious, but also financially stacked.