Play The Pay Dirt Slot Machine Dig & deep deep into the reels of as you attempt to grab one of the three big money bonus features and make the prizes mine, all mine.
Pay Dirt Features
- Random progressive jackpot can trigger at any time during the basic reel game
- Stacked wilds on the second and fourth reel can bring in big combinations
- Wild multiplies all wins by three times adding to winning potential
- Gold Rush free spin round adds additional stacked wilds to reels
- Gold Fever free spin round adds a fixed wild to the central reel
- Strike It Lucky free spin round adds a ton of extra bonus wilds to the reels.
Pay Dirt follows a slot machine theme that’s always been popular with players. The classic gold rush miner is one that you’ll see repeated across many games in Las Vegas and at the host of online casinos that you can find on the web. The reason why this theme is so popular is because the idea of striking gold whilst prospecting is very similar to hitting a huge jackpot on an online slot machine’s reels.
The graphics in Pay Dirt are all based around the classic symbols of the old school mining profession. From the backdrop that brings out images of the wooden struts and supports used in the central shafts of the mine, through to the reel symbols, such as dynamite, and miners lamps, this game has everything you could possibly want all crafted in the likeable cartoon casino style that seems to transcend the generations.
Soundwise, like many of the RTG games, this machine only kicks into its own when you activate the bonus rounds. There’s the standard mechanical reel noise that’s become a signature features of this software platform games, but little else to write home about with the audio here. When you compare Pay Dirt to games like Battlestar Galactica and Avalon II on the audio front there’s no competition. Fortunately this online slot does have a lot going for it in the reel game.
Looking at the Pay Dirt base-game, you’ve got twenty five pay-lines of action stretched across the standard five reel casino slot set up that anyone who’s ever laid eyes on an online casino will instantly recognise. You can adjust the number lines and your bet amount giving you full control over your wager and you’ve got a couple of special symbols to help you on your way to some big prizes. First there’s the signature pay-dirt scatter, which controls access to the bonus round, and there’s the gold nugget wild. This wild appears in vertical groups on the second and fourth reels and when you hit a combination with a wild substituting for another symbol, the value of this combination is trebled.
The central bonus activation system requires you to hit three of the signature Pay Dirt scatters anywhere in view on the reels. Once you’ve stopped these in, you then select one to reveal one of three cool bonus rounds, each with different features. These are:
– Gold Rush – Here you’re awarded with 12 free games during which stacked gold nugget wilds can appear on any reel. The prize paying value of any combination you hit that features a wild is trebled as in the base-game, but you’ve got many more chances to now hit a these wilds. Land a further three Pay Dirt scatters to earn an additional 12 free games, which are added to your total.
– Gold Fever – This bonus gives you 5 free games with the whole of reel three turned into gold nugget wilds for the duration of the bonus. Again these are still 3x wilds and will treble the value of your prizes. Land three more Pay Dirt scatters to add another 5 free games to your total.
– Strike It Lucky – Here you have to pick one of 5 gold mines to reveal your bonus symbol, which will be one of the standard symbols from the base game. Occasionally extra picks can be awarded giving you multiple bonus symbols. You’re then awarded 10 free games during which any time a bonus symbol lands on the grid it’s converted to a gold nugget wild before your wins are evaluated. This can give you some of the biggest prizes on offer from Pay Dirt. Again you can re-trigger this bonus adding 10 extra spins to your total.
As with all the RTS slot machines Pay Dirt features a random progressive jackpot. Players pay around 1.5% of their total stake per spin as a contribution towards this every growing prize. The total amount can be paid out randomly following any spin – and not just a winning spin either. The more you pay per spin, the higher your chance of triggering the prize paying mechanism.
Slot Professor Says
Pay Dirt is a quality slot machine that offers players a number of good prizes and the bonus features are highly playable too. This is a fun slot machine that will strike a chord with lovers of the free spin round as it has three different free spin rounds, with each featuring a different wild mechanism to help you grab the money from this game. After playing it extensively it seems to me that the Gold Rush feature has the highest activation rate followed by Gold Fever and the Strike It Lucky.
Out of all the bonus features I have to say that Strike It Lucky is my favourite. This gives you a chance to add tons of wilds to the grid with every spin, in addition to the grouped wilds that already popular the reels. This is the key to hitting it big in Pay Dirt although I have to say that the other two bonus round rarely fail to deliver a big blast of pay-out action.
Whilst many critics of the RTG slots fault them for their old time looks, I like Pay Dirt as it’s got it where it counts – in the wins. It might not have a facia that’s as fancy as Golden Goddess or Gonzo’s Quest, but when it comes to big prizes the bonus game action here will not disappoint. The triggers have a good frequency too, meaning you generally don’t have to wait too long at the reels before you’re free spin your way to a big golden rush of action.