The Jurassic Park slot machine allows you to step into a wild jungle island, fraught with dinosaur based terror as you attempt to come away with your life and a handful of wins from this giant slot game.
- Huge cinematic tie in slot with the classic Spielberg movie
- Awesome rich media on the reels and atmospheric soundtrack
- Score in stacked wilds on every single base game spin
- T-Rex alert mode adds a ton of extra stacked wilds onto the reels
- Five different free spin rounds available from the outset
- Twenty five bonus activations allows you to select your bonus
- Pay-table achievement structure ramps up the value of standard wins
Following on from their summer 2014 release of Terminator 2, Microgaming hit the industry hard with another big name tie-in slot in the form of Jurassic Park. This looked to be a decision from the well known casino slot producer to pick up old licenses at a cut price value in order to stir up a little bit of nostalgia to power their games. Of course, Microgaming are one online gambling house with the power to actually back up the strength of these well known media brands with top class production values.
The graphics on the Jurassic Park slot will take you back to those summer cinema showings in the 1990s. There are all the main characters on the reels including the high tempo Jeff Goldblum, Dickie Attenborough and Sam Neill, all from a time when these guys were household names and big a-list celebrities. The background is a dense tropical jungle, creating a perfectly lush yet strangely dangerous environment for your reel spins. It’s also definitely worth noting here that the animations are first class will the symbols coming to life when you hit winning combinations with lovely little movement loops.
All too often Microgaming have been criticised for unnecessarily epic soundtracks to their online slot machines. However, in Jurassic Park the gravitas with which the audio palette is delivered seems to be bang on point. The orchestral manoeuvres that sit on top of a buzzing prehistoric jungle sound-set create just the right atmosphere for this perilous adventure into the dark and foreboding casino environment. It is strange how this kind of sound can completely work on one type of slot, yet seem a little over the top on other titles such as the Untamed range and Avalon II.
The base game in Jurassic Park gives you 243 ways to win over a standard casino slot set up. In addition to the wild and scatter symbols that can help you hit the winners there are is a clever T-Rex alert mode. This can trigger at random any time during the base-game activating a ton of extra wilds on the reels. This adds a whopping 35 stacked wild across all five reels for the duration of six spins. You still need to be a little lucky with your combinations when this feature is activated, but the chances are you’ll land some good wins and come out cashed up.
Much like Avalon II, Playboy and Immortal Romance, Jurassic Park features a multi-level achievement system. This includes a special pay-table achievement system where you can earn a gold plated, enhanced pay-table by stopping in each permutation of a symbol’s combinations in the game, leading to bigger and better prizes.
The achievement system continues into the free spin round. Here you’re looking at five different free spin rounds. However, unlike slots like Thunderstruck II where you can select your own round once you’ve activated it – here you need to hit the bonus twenty five times to choose your own round. The five features available are as follows:
– Tyrannosaurus Rex – This gives you twelve free spins with wild reels – during this round the T-Rex symbol is stacked and a T-Rex sprite can appear at any time and turn up to five reels wild.
– Velociraptor – Here you receive twelve free spins with a special set of wilds, including split wilds that can create six of a kind combinations that pay double the five of a kind value. There are also special multiplier wilds that offer a 4-6x value on your wins.
– Triceratops – This gives you twelve free spins with running wilds, where special super stacks of wild symbols grow by an additional symbol on every spin. On any non winning spin your wild stacks will hold in place whilst the remaining reels spin again.
– Brachiosaurus – In this bonus round you receive twelve free spins with a mystery multiplier between 2x and 6x applied to any prizes you hit on each spin. This is one bonus where you can re-trigger the spins adding a further twelve to your count.
– Dilophosaurus – Offer you twelve free spins with winning wilds. During your spins any positions on the grid can turn into wilds, greatly increasing your winning potential on any spin.
Like all of Microgaming’s titles that feature unlockable content, Jurassic Park uses a special cookie system that allows you to save all your progress thus far in the game. Make sure you don’t delete your cookies to return to the game with all your pay-table achievements and free spin progress intact.
Slot Professor Says
Jurassic Park is another winning slot game from Microgaming. This top title allows you to travel back to a forgotten glory of the silver screen and remember how we all marvelled at CGI dinosaurs coming to life and chasing children round a kitchen. This is a first class production that follows the awesome Terminator II further cementing their reputation at the top of the tree alongside the other big names of Net Entertainments, WMS and IGT.
I for one am extremely pleased to see that Microgaming has made all their free spin rounds available from phase one in the free spin round on Jurassic Park. It would annoy me that I had to play through a bunch of bonuses on titles like Immortal Romance and Thunderstruck only to find out that the best bonus is probably the first. Here you get the exciting situation where you could activate any of the bonuses and once you’ve hit twenty five activations, you can then select your favourite time and time again.
All too often I find myself criticising these large, expansive slots with their huge features and choice of bonuses for not having enough pay-out punch in the base game. This has been especially true of games in the past like The Dark Knight, which was all hype and no home runs. However it looks like Microgaming have been reading my articles, because Jurassic Park is one slot game that seems almost elegantly balanced, poised and ready to jump out of the jungle and deliver a massive pay-out bite.