Ride the reels of the Avalon II Slot Machine into the court of King Arthur, where you and his brave knights will go on the ultimate quest for the Holy Grail.
Avalon II Features
- Unlock pay-table achievements to up the winning potential of the base game
- Merlin can appear at any time to award cash prizes and win multipliers
- Lady of the Lake expanding wild on the middle reel
- Brilliant high value production that sets the standard for other slots
- Three different free spin rounds with exciting mechanisms and wilds
- Four second screen games allow you to quest for the legendary Grail
- Final bonus round gives you three golden multipliers for a massive win
The original Avalon slot machine from Microgaming is a bit of a classic. Its symbols have found their way into many other Microgaming slots including Break Da Bank Again and it’s now one of the oldest slots on the web. It combines Arthurian themes with an awesome, but very simple and addictive game mechanic. It’s no surprise therefore that Microgaming decided to use this machine as a basis for a truly groundbreaking bonus machine in the form of the awesome Avalon II.
Avalon II is a top online slot machine production from Microgaming. This title has everything in terms of good looks, splendid animations and a background that’s packed full of details. The symbols on the reels come to life with every win and each of the bonus games has its own artwork. This is one of those games that puts other titles into the shade – all the little details are covered making this into a real casino work of art.
Musically, Avalon II is spot on. Whilst many of the Microgaming releases have music that perhaps veers a little on the sad side for our liking – think Untamed Giant Panda, Thunderstruck II and Immortal Romance, this machine has a suitably epic soundtrack that echoes around the reels creating a suitable atmosphere for the reel action. You’ve got lyres, harps, pan-pipes and even flutes creating just the right ambience for a slot machine of this calibre.
The base game in Avalon II plays off across a standard casino slot set up, with five reels and fifteen stop spaces. Like many popular Microgaming slots – for instance Alaskan Fishing, Breakaway and Battlestar Galactica, this game uses a 243 ways to win system where you’re paid out for any consecutive string of adjacent symbols on the grid.
You have the ability to unlock special content from the reels of Avalon II. This is a great way to ramp up the wins available from the standard pay-table. All you have to do is score in all possible variations of a symbol’s combinations and the symbol will turn gold on the pay-table giving you better pays. The longer you spend on this machine and the more combinations you get, the bigger the prizes – so this is well worth doing.
If you’re looking for wins off the reels in Avalon II, then trust the old wizard Merlin to bring you some success. This old magus can appear after any spin and grant you with a straight up cash prize that’s added to your bank balance, or provide you with a multiplier that’s paid out on any win you’ve received on the grid. This is a great little bonus that can strike at any time and is always a welcome sight – helping you on your winning ways.
In addition to the Merlin random win feature, Avalon II gives you a special expanding wild on the middle reel based on the Lady of the Lake. Hit a wild on any of the stop spaces on the middle reel and it will expand to cover up the whole reel, allowing you to make some huge winners across the whole base-game grid.
There are four free spin rounds available from the reels of Avalon II. These are very similar to the bonus rounds you’ll find on the other big Microgaming free spin titles, Thunderstruck II. These are all activated in the same manner – you’ll need to hit three or more Grail scatters to take you into the bonus games. These are presented in a bonus trail arrangement – once you’ve completed one bonus, you’ll be able to activate the next in the sequence. With a top prize of 120,000 credits on offer, this is one quest you’ll want to go on.
The bonus games are as follows:
– The Lake of Legend – Throw a virtual dice here to re-forge the legendary sword Excalibur. If you can put all the pieces together in the right order there are some big bonus wins waiting for you.
– Misty Vale – This is the first free spin round with fifteen free spins on offer. Here you get to choose one of the high paying symbols as a wild multiplier, which will double all associated prizes it helps complete.
– Whispering Woods – A classic pick a win feature where the mystical white knight presents you with five shields. Choose wisely and you could be walking away with a small fortune.
– Forest Falls – The second free spin round. Here you get twenty free spins with the special trailing wilds feature. Any wild you stop in on the grid will slide down the reels, turning all symbols below it into wilds.
– Dusky Moors – This is another pick a win game, but this time with a difference. You’ll need to select squares on a search grid to reveal two Helms of the same type. The longer you go without choosing a matching pair, the higher the multiplier on the prize.
– Morgan’s Keep – The final free spin round. Here you receive twenty free spins with the special rolling reels feature. This is a cascading feature where wins on the reels disappear and leave new spaces into which the symbols above can drop. Each consecutive cascade raises a multiplier that’s applied to your next award from the reels on that spin.
– Hall of Shadows – Here you get to go toe to toe with the legendary Black Knight. This dastardly figure stands between you and the final bonus round – each sword swing or block you employ will earn you a cash prize as you battle for riches.
– Isle of Avalon – The Holy Grail of casino bonuses. Here you get to spin three wheels that together add up to a multiplier that’s applied to your activating stake. If you get this far into the game you’re more or less guaranteed a golden prize, so it’s well worth persevering until this glorious end.
Slot Professor Says
Avalon II, what a game. This combines a number of elements from other Microgaming slot machines, such as Immortal Romance, to create a casino classic. There’s tons of action waiting for you in the base game with the Lady of the Lake wild symbol and the Merlin random win, both of which can supply you with massive wins straight off the reels and the pay-table achievements can boost your wins nicely to a level where you’ll want to spin again and again.
Bonus wise there’s plenty going on in Avalon II. In many ways this machine has a lot in common with the older pub fruit machines that appear in the UK. The selection of different bonus games that can be accessed from one central mechanism has definite similarities with the trail features that appear on this game. The obvious differences here is that you can always score prizes from the game in Avalon II and you’ll never be put in a position where you lose your entire bonus wedge.
Avalon II is one of those games that you’ll want to return to again and again. With loads of action on the reels and a memory of your journey thus far kept in your internet cookies you can achieve more and more in each playing session on this machine. To get it up to its best you’ll need to unlock all the pay-table achievements and get onto the golden Isle of Avalon where the biggest prizes can be found.